National: Be sure to check the website directly as deadlines vary from year to year
DeadlineVarsity Tutors CollegeScholarship Contest
Check out this site for a monthly chance to wint a $1,000 scholarship. http://www.varsitytutors.com/college-scholarship None
$1,000 Scholarship Drawing Sponsored by Sallie Mae’s CollegeAnswer.com
Applicants may be high school, undergraduate or graduate students and must register on the CollegeAnswer website. Each month one registered user is selected in a random drawing to receive the $1000 scholarship. Go to http://www.collegeanswer.com/to register.
Alert Magazine Essay Competition
Must be a senior planning to attend college and have a 2.5 GPA. Submit an essay (600-1000 words) about a personal encounter you or someone you know has had with drug and/or alcohol abuse, how it was dealt with, and, in your oponion, what was right or wrong about the way the incident or problem was handled. Award is $500. Go to www.alertmagazine.org/ScholarshipRequirements.htm for more information.
American Legion Scholarships
The American Legion has provided a 152 page book titled Need A Lift containing extensive information on scholarships for veteran's dependents. The book is available for loan in the Guidance Office or find it on the web at www.needalift.org.
Cappex.com is giving away $25,000 in scholarship money. Visit this site and register to win a scholarship at www.cappex.com/scholarships.
Christian College Scholarship Drawing
Your map to finding great Christian Colleges. $2,500 Christian college schoalrship drawing. Go to www.christianconnector.com
Free College Tuition Drawing
To enter this random drawing for up to $20,000, go to Next Step Magazine http://nextstepmag.com/winfreetuition
Foster Child Scholarships
Visit http://www.collegescholarships.org/scholarships/foster.htm or http://www.wifostercareandadoption.org/snav/106/SSGFA for more information.
President's Volunteer Service Award
Community Service Recognition. Visit www.presidentialserviceawards.gov for more information.
QuestBridge National College Match Program
See Mrs. Morgan for a nomination. Visit www.questbridge.org for more details. Opens after September 1, 2016 for the 2017-18 year.
September 27, 2016
AES Engineers Scholarship
$500 scholarship-To be eligible the student needs to answer one of the essay questions that can be found at http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm.
October 4 , 2016
Open to high school seniors and other eligible 17 and 18 year old artists in the performing, literary and visual arts (Writing, Voice, Visual Arts, Theater, Photography, Music, Jazz, Dance, Cinematic Arts). If your talents are in the arts apply online at www.youngARTS.org.
October 14, 2016
Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program
The eligibility criteria to be considered for this $20,000 National Scholarship are as follows:
- enrollment full time as a high school senior, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer 2017, with plans to enter college no later than the fall following graduation;
- a strong commitment to pursuing and completing a bachelor's degree at an accredited institution located in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution.Idaho, Louisiana, and Montana state scholarship recipients must pursue and complete a degree at specific colleges and universities. Please see the individual program description for those requirements);
- critical financial need ($50,000 or less adjusted gross income per family is preferred, if higher explanation must be provided);
- involvement in co-curricular and community activities;
- demonstrated integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- United States Citizenship.
Applications are on-line at www.horatioalger.org/scholarships/
October 25, 2016
Coca-Cola Foundation Scholarship
The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation awards scholarships based on academic achievement, leadership, and hours of dedicated community service. Access the online application at www.coca-colascholars.org.
October 31, 2016
Prudential Spirit of Community Award
For students who have made a difference by volunteering in their comunity over the past year. Winners will receive $1,000 and a chance at a trip to Washington, D.C. For more information see Mrs. Morgan or visit http://spirit.prudential.com.
November 4, 2016
Jack Kent Cooke FoundationCollege Scholarship Program
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is a new undergraduate scholarship program available to high-performing high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend and graduate from the nation's best four-year colleges and universities. Selected from a nationwide pool of applicants, up to 40 students will become Jack Kent Cooke Scholars and have access to funding for up to four years for undergraduate studies.
Each award is intended to cover a significant share of the student’s educational expenses – including tuition, living expenses, books and required fees. Awards vary by individual, based on the cost of tuition as well as other grants or scholarships he or she may receive.
This highly competitive scholarship includes:
- Up to $40,000 per year to attend a four-year accredited undergraduate school
- Ability to pursue any area of study
- Personal advising about selecting a college and navigating financial aid
- Multifaceted advising about how to transition to college and maximize the college student experience
- To apply visit: http://www.jkcf.org/scholarship-programs/college-scholarship/how-to-apply/ or call 855-509-5253.
November 5, 2016
To apply you must go to the NROTC Website at https://www.navy.com.
December 1, 2016
McKelvey Foundation Scholarship
$40,000 Scholarships for Young Entrepreneurs. Visit www.mckelveyfoundation.org for application information.
December 1, 2016
AXA Achievement Scholarship
- Are you active in your community?
- Have you led a project that benefits others?
- Have you overcome personal challenges?
You may qualify for this scholarship. Apply online for a $10,000 to $25,000 college scholarship at:https://us.axa.com/axa-foundation/about.html
December 15, 2016
GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program
The GE-Reagan Foundation Scholarship Program annually awards 20 college-bound students who demonstrate exemplary leadership, drive, integrity, and citizenship with $10,000 renewable scholarships-up to $40,000 total per recipient. For more information, eligibility requirements, and an online application, visit www.reaganfoundation.org/scholarships.
January 7, 2017
Burger King Scholars Program
Applicants must be high school seniors who: Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher; Work part-time an average of 15 hrs per week or 40 weeks per year; Actively involved in community service activities; Demonstrate financial need; Plan to enroll in an accreditied two/or four year college, university, or vocational/technical school by Fall of 2012. Application period is Nov. 15, 2016- Jan. 10, 2017. More details & how to apply: www.haveityourwayfoundation.orgbksp_scholarship_eligibility.html.
January 10, 2017
The Gates Millennium Scholars Program
Students areeligibleto be considered for a GMS scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Are African American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian Pacific Islander American** or Hispanic American
- Are a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Have attained a cumulative high school GPA of 3.3 on an unweighted 4.0 scale or have earned a GED
- Will enroll for the first time at a U.S. located, accredited*** college or university (with the exception of students concurrently pursuing a high school diploma) in the fall of 2012 as a full-time, degree-seeking, first-year student. First-time college enrollees can also be GED recipients.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
- Meet the Federal Pell Grant eligibility criteria
- Have completed and submitted all three required forms: the student’s application (Nominee Personal Information Form), an evaluation of the student’s academic record (Nominator Form) and an evaluation of the student’s community service and leadership activities(Recommender Form) by the deadline
- Visithttp://www.gmsp.org/ for application information
January 10, 2017
KFC Colonel's Scholars Program
To qualify, graduating high school seniors must: Earn a min. GPA of 2.75; Enroll in a public college or university within their state of legal residence; Plan to pursue a bachelor's degree; Be a U.S. citizen; Demonstrate financial need. The online scholarship application will be available from December 1, 2016 to February 8, 2017. Visitwww.kfcscholars.orgto apply.
February 8, 2017
Washington Crossing Foundation Scholarship
$1000-$7500 will be awarded to high school seniors through this competition. Students planning on careers of service to the United States in local, state, or federal government are encouraged to apply. Visitwww.gwcf.orgto apply.
The National Co-op Scholarship Program
Award amount is $6,000 and can be renewable. Must have a GPA of at least 3.5; Apply and be accepted at one of the NCCE Partner Colleges or Universities. The NCCE encourages minority and female students, as well as students interested in science, math, engineering, and technology. Please visitwww.co-op.edu.
Best Buy @ 15 Scholarship Program
1,000 scholarships of $1500 each will be awarded to students in grades 9-12. Students need solid grades; be involved in volunteer community service or work experience. Visit the Best Buy website to apply on-line atwww.bestbuy.com/scholarships orwww.at15.com.
February 15, 2016
Dr. Seuss’sOh, the Places You’ll Go!College Scholarship
Dr. Seuss’sOh, the Places You’ll Go!College Scholarship recognizes high school seniors who understand and value the limitless possibilities that education can offer with a scholarship award. Applications are available in Mrs. Morgan's Office or can be downloaded athttp://www.seussville.com/ohtheplaces/.
February 15, 2016
AXA Achievement Community Scholarship
Criteria: Ambition & drive; Determination to set and reach goals; Respect for self, family and community; Ability to succeed in college. Download an application for a $2000 college scholarship at: www.axa-achievement.com.
February 1, 2016
The Lowe's Scholarship
Eligibility Requirements and Additional Information: This scholarship requires a minimum GPA of 3.25 in order to be considered. Winners are selected based on academic performance, leadership, community involvement and/or work experience. Awards may be used at any accredited 2-year or 4-year college, university or technical school within the United States and may be applied toward the cost of tuition, books, fees and required class supplies. Awards are not renewable. Apply at
and use the following Access Key: Lowe’s Scholarship-LOWES
February 28, 2016
Buick Achievers Scholarship
Applicant must enroll full-time as a first year freshmen in a four year college or university. They must major in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or Design. Applications are available atwww.buickachievers.com.
February 29, 2016
QuestBridge College Prep Scholarship Program
- For Juniors!
- TheCollege Prep Scholarshipequips students with the knowledge necessary to compete for admission to top colleges and benefit from these colleges' generous financial aid. The program provides more than 1,000 awards to outstanding low-income high school juniors.
- Awards include full scholarships to summer programs at leading colleges, individualized college admissions counseling, invitations to QuestBridge College Admissions Conferences at Stanford and Yale, and all-expense-paid visits to top college campuses.
- QuestBridge offersQuest for Excellence Awardsas part of the College Prep Scholarship. These awards include laptop computers and full scholarships to college summer programs.
- The 2015 College Prep Scholarship applicationis now open.
March 29, 2016
U.S. Bank Internet Scholarship Program
Available to high school seniors and college undergraduates. Forty $1000 scholarships will be awarded to students who sign up on their website atwww.usbank.com/scholarship.Scholarships are picked at random with no minimum GPA.
March 31, 2016
Robert G. Porter Scholars Program
Award amount is $8,000. Must be a child of an AFT member. To apply, please visitwww.aft.org/aftplus/scholarships.
March 31, 2016
2016 Student View Scholarship Program
(1) $4,000, (2) $1,000, (8) $500 scholarships-Offered to high school seniors. No SAT/ACT score or GPA, no essay, no lengthy application forms, and no application fees.Apply by logging ontohttp://www.student-view.com and complete a 15-20 minute application survey about colleges in your area.
April 22, 2016
Healthy Lifestyles Scholarship
A $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student under the age of 25. The applicant will be required to answer two essay questions. The application is available atwww.studentscholarships.org/scholarship/8809.
April 30, 2016
Dial My Dentist Scholarship
A $1,000 scholarship is available to students between the ages of 16 and 21. You must attend college full-time in the fall of 2015. Applications are online atwww.studentscholarship.org/scholarship/9038.
May 6, 2016
B. Davis Scholarship
Visitwww.studentawardsearch.com/scholarships.htmto apply. The amount of this scholarship is $1,000.
May 28, 2016
S.S. Scholarship Program
This $1,000 scholarship is available to any student that is 21 years of age, as of June 1, 2015. The application is available atwww.studentscholarships.org/scholarshipprograms.php.
June 1, 2016
Big Dig Scholarship
A $3,000 scholarship is available to a student who submits an essay that is less than 1000 words, and is currently in high school or their first two years of college. The application can be found atwww.studentscholarships.org/scholarship/8846.
June 1, 2015
2016 ICBC Scholarship
A $1,000 scholarship is available to students between the ages of 17 and 21, who are residents of the U.S. or Canada, and enrolled or intending to enroll in any course of study in the fall semester of 2015. The application is available atwww.studentscholarships.org/scholarship/9839.
June 15, 2015
CollegeSTEPS Scholarship Drawing
Register on-line for a random drawing from Wells-Fargo. High school seniors get a chance to win one of twenty $1,000 tuition prizes.There’s no purchase or continuedCollegeSTEPSProgram enrollment necessary. Visithttps://www.wellsfargo.com/student/planning/scholarships/ for more information.
American Fire Sprinkler Association Scholarship Program
A total of $20,000 will be awarded for scholarships. Open to high school seniors and based on an essay and 10-question test. Top test scores will be placed in a drawing. To enter go towww.afsascholarship.org/information.htm. For more information see Mrs. Morgan.
CHS Foundation Scholarships
The CHS Foundation will award 25 $1000 scholarships to graduating high shcool seniors. Students must meet the following criteria: Graduating senior in Spring 2015; Studying an ag-related major at a two or four year college; U.S. citizen. For more details and an application stop by Mrs. Morgan's office or go towww.chsfoundation.org.
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. All student athletes are eligible for this award. The student must be a high school senior or be attending a post secondary institute. Visit the website on how to apply athttp://www.bigsunathletics.com/.
June 22, 2016
University Tutor The University Tutor Scholarship may be worth as much as $1,000 and potentially could be yours simply by writing a short essay. More information can be found at http://www.universitytutor.com/scholarship-contest